An SR-22 and an FR-44 are both Certificates of Financial Responsibility (CFR) forms. A CFR is a certificate required by the state and provided by your auto insurance company that verifies you have auto insurance liability coverage.

Do I need an SR-22/FR-44?

Not everyone needs an SR-22/FR-44. Regulations vary from state to state. Usually, it is required by the court or mandated by the state only for certain driving-related violations. For example:

  • DUI convictions
  • Reckless driving
  • Accidents caused by uninsured drivers

If you need an SR-22/FR-44, the courts or your state Motor Vehicle Department will notify you.

How do I obtain an SR-22/FR-44?

Feel free to contact us if you need any additional information.

Is there a fee associated with an SR-22/FR-44?

In most states, the filing fee is usually $25 but may be higher in some states.

The filing fee is a one-time charge that you will need to pay when we file the SR-22/FR-44. You will not have to continue to pay the filing fee at each renewal. The only time you will have to pay more is if you allow your policy to lapse.

A filing fee is charged for each individual SR-22/FR-44 we file. For example, if your spouse is on your policy and both of you need an SR-22/FR-44, then the filing fee will be charged twice.

How long is the SR-22/FR-44 valid?

As long as your insurance policy remains active, your SR-22/FR-44 should remain valid. If your insurance policy is canceled while you’re still required to carry an SR-22/FR-44, we are required to notify the proper state authorities. Failure to maintain continuous coverage could cause you to lose your driving privileges.